Your home’s exteriors is the first thing that tells people about your style and personality. It’s what sets the tone for your entire neighborhood and makes your house stand out among others. Your brick home, in particular, can create a lasting impression, but only if the right brick house paint color is chosen.
The Best Brick House Paint Colors for 2024
- Ash: A light gray with a touch of blue that is both calming and sophisticated. It is a versatile color that can be used on a variety of homes, from traditional to modern.
- Clay: A warm brown that is both inviting and earthy. It is a great choice for homes with brick that has a red or orange tone.
- Driftwood: A light gray with a touch of green that is perfect for creating a coastal or beachy look. It is also a good choice for homes with light-colored brick.
- Gooseberry: A deep purple that is both elegant and dramatic. It is a great choice for homes with a modern or contemporary style.
- Harbor Blue: A medium blue that is both refreshing and calming. It is a great choice for homes with a water view or for homes that want to create a sense of tranquility.
- Mocha: A rich brown that is both sophisticated and warm. It is a great choice for homes with a traditional or transitional style.
- Oyster White: A warm white that is both inviting and timeless. It is a great choice for homes with brick that has a red or orange tone.
- Sage: A light green that is both calming and refreshing. It is a great choice for homes with a natural or organic style.
- Terracotta: A warm orange that is both inviting and stylish. It is a great choice for homes with brick that has a red or orange tone.
- Whisper White: A soft white that is both elegant and versatile. It can be used to brighten up a dark brick home or to create a more traditional look.
These are just a few of the many great paint colors for brick houses in 2024. The best color for your home will depend on the style of your home, the colors of your other exterior features, and your personal preferences. Be sure to consult with a paint professional, such as the color professionals at Rhino Shield, to get the best advice for your specific situation.
Choosing the Perfect Paint Color for Your Brick House
Beyond its aesthetic value, the brick house paint color you choose can affect your home’s durability, resistance to weather elements, and overall maintenance requirements. So, before diving into painting your brick home, it’s crucial to consider the following factors:
The Style of Your Home
Your home’s style hugely affects the color palette that will work best with it. While it may be easy to choose trending paint colors, it’s important to choose a brick house paint color that will complement your home’s architectural design. For instance, traditional brick homes with warm tones could use classic red, brown, or cream to elevate their traditional look. Meanwhile, contemporary houses with cleaner lines and a minimalist aesthetic could opt for neutral, monochromatic, or bold color choices.
The Colors of Your Other Exterior Features
Your home’s brick color has a significant impact on the color scheme of your entire exterior. Windows, doors, shutters, and roofing all play a part, whether you want them to be bold and contrasting or subtle and blending. To combat an overwhelming or clashing look, consider balancing darker paint colors of your brick home with lighter accents. Meanwhile, lighter brick colors can be complemented with deeper shades and bolder accents.
Your Personal Preferences
Your own sense of style and preferences should also be catered to. While it’s essential to consider the architectural style, choosing a brick house paint color scheme that complements your personality and tastes is just as crucial. For example, if a bright yellow color makes you happy and fills you with joy each time you arrive home, then embrace it. If you fancy a bold accent color that sets your home apart from others, make that statement.
The Amount of Sunlight Your Home Gets
The amount of sunlight your home receives should also be considered when choosing a brick house paint color. Lighter paint colors reflect sunlight and heat away from your home, thus keeping it cooler during intense heat and requiring less maintenance. Meanwhile, darker colors absorb heat and fade faster, especially in areas with intense sunlight. Think about your location and its climate when considering the paint color for your brick home.
The Climate in Your Area
Lastly, the climatic conditions in your area should also guide your decision. Arizona is a desert state with hot, dry summers and mild winters. This means that you will want to choose a paint color that will reflect heat and prevent moisture from building up. Some good choices for Arizona homes include light gray, white, and beige. You should avoid dark colors, as these will absorb heat and make your home hotter during the summer.
Contact Us For a Color Consultation Today!
Choosing the right paint color scheme for your brick home doesn’t have to be an overwhelming task. By taking into consideration important factor like the architectural style of your home, colors of external features, your personal preference, amount of sunlight your home receives, and climate in your area, you’ll be sure to arrive at a decision that elevates the beauty and aesthetic appeal of your brick home. So take your time, research and seek professional help if necessary, and you’ll never go wrong. And for long-lasting and durable paint coat, you can never go wrong with Rhino Shield. Contact us today to speak with one of our knowledgeable color specialists!